HYALURONIC ACID FOR SKIN CARE: The little Must-know secret for healthy skin
HYALURONIC ACID…What are they???
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring carbohydrate molecule in the body that works to provide lubrication of the body parts. Hyaluronic acid isn’t entirely new. In fact, you already have that in your body. You can find it in your bones, cartilage, synovial fluid as well as your connective tissues. Hyaluronic acid is also present in your gum tissues, eyes and lip. Surprisingly, 50% of your body’s total hyaluronic acid can be found in the organ that comprises 15% of your body weight- your skin. That’s right.
BENEFITS OF USING HYALURONIC ACID FOR SKIN CARE
Hyaluronic acid for skin care is so important because there are now loads of products made with it. Just take a stroll at your local beauty shop and you’ll find hyaluronic acid in creams, lotions, and moisturizers. You can even find hyaluronic acid serums.
But, the big question is, are they effective? Do they work for skin care?
Hyaluronic acid, technically, isn’t an anti-aging ingredient. Its properties is what makes it effective in slowing down the signs of skin aging- similar to what you can get from using vitamin C serum on your face.
For one, it’s able to hydrate the skin so your fine lines can become less noticeable. It forms this barrier on the surface of your skin to keep it moisturized and plump. One good reason for this is the size of its molecules. Hyaluronic acid has molecules that are too big to penetrate the skin. So, when you apply it topically, like what you do with hyaluronic acid moisturizers, it just sits on top of your skin- absorbing and locking in moisture. This hydrating property is what gives way to the tons of benefits you can get from using hyaluronic acid for skin.
Below is a detailed list of the benefits of hyaluronic acid to the skin
• Can hold water 1,000 times its weight
• Delivers and holds water into the skin
• Works as a humectant
• Provides long lasting moisture
Note: Hyaluronic acid cannot penetrate the skin because of its bulky size
2. Fights signs of ageing
Hyaluronic acid is able to achieve this by;
• Keeping the skin plump to slow down appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
• Preventing skin from sagging
• Fighting sun spots on the skin
• Neutralizing free radicals present in the body
• Being used as filters to remove wrinkles
3. Heals the skin
This it does by;
• Promoting skin cell regeneration
• Accelerating wound heals
4. Protects the skin
• Improves skin ability to heal and repair itself
• Boosts the skin’s natural protective barrier
• Protects the skin against Ultra-violet Damage.
HOW TO USE HYALURONIC ACID FOR SKIN CARE
Below are enlisted ways one can make use of hyaluronic acid for effective care of the skin;
Hyaluronic acid serum
For effective use of this serum, the following instructions should be adhered to;
• Serum should be applied after cleansing and toning
• Must be allowed to completely be absorbed by the skin before any other product is applied
• Should incase dryness happens, it must be followed with an intense moisturizer
• Avoid daily application if there is notable dryness
• Should not be used around the eye area
• Best applied on a damp skin.
NB: The side effect of the hyaluronic acid serum is dryness of the skin.
Hyaluronic acid cream
The following should be adhered to while using this cream, for effective functioning
• Start with once a day application, although it can be applied morning and night
• Doing a patch test first is recommended
• Apply only a thin layer of the cream
• The cream can be worn alone or under a moisturizer.
NB: As with the serum, the side effect of the hyaluronic acid cream is dryness.
Hyaluronic acid injection
• Should be injected evenly on the skin
• It can be combined with Botox to boostradiance and fill in fine lines
• Great for laugh lines, droopy brows and under eye cycles.
NB: The side effects of this injection are purplish patches on skin and occurrence of fever, dizziness, pain at the injection site and coughing.
Hyaluronic acid supplement
Normal dose is 200 milligrams for adults, about twice a day. Common noticed side effects are sensitive reactions.
Hyaluronic acid can be great for the health and development of skin in adults. Always consult your doctor before you decide to do any treatment or natural supplement.